Thursday, February 5, 2009

STREET SCENES

I had taken my wife to Santa Maria for her dental appointment, and sketched the BMW dealership across the street.


This sketch was drawn on a side street next to the Lompoc Hospital.


This is a sketch of the back side on the main street in Arroyo Grande. Is this a sketch or should I call it a pencil drawing? The term sketch implies a quick suggestive drawing. Either way this image has some possibility for a painting. I would have to work a little on the light and dark pattern.
The gray appearance of the paper on these sketches is due to my lowering the contrast level with the photo editor. It seems to improve the definition in the reproduction.
The sketches with the warm gray background tone are actually on a light gray paper. Again the image was darkened a bit to bring out the subtle half tones in the pencil.

Click any image to view larger image.

No comments:

Post a Comment